Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chapter 2 Buggy


“Hey guys. Have you heard that we’re getting a new EXO today? Her names Amelia or something,” I said. Hi. My names Alex. I’ve been a student at the EXO academy for two years now and have never been to a war. Thank the Lord. The teachers always say that I’m not ready. Something about my inventions exploding... It doesn’t matter.
“Really? It would be nice to meet another person from this country that isn’t a... what did you call them Alex?” Lin said.
“Um... a jerk?” I replied.
“Yes that is what you called them. A jerk.”
As usual, Scott just sat there eating his lobster. I don’t understand how he could eat the lobster on Mondays. For some reason it tastes worse than the lobster on other days. Even the teachers and professors agree.
“Yeah. So Headmaster Saint said that she would be coming after lunch.”
“Humph” Scott grunted.
Lin looked absolutely ecstatic. For some reason she thought that the new girl was going to be her friend. I don’t know why but most people think that our group is weird. Actually, now that I think about it. If you don’t belong to the “popular” group than you’re not even human. I was thinking about which group the new girl would join and what her EXO would be when a deep, but kind voice called over the intercom for me.
“  Alex Siera, please report to the Headmaster’s Office.”
“Oh great. What am I going to be accused of now? Nearly blowing up the science lab with a flamethrower? Or is it going to be that I froze the gym with an ice machine.”
“I understand that you actually did those things Alex,” Lin said, “I’m pretty sure I remember when you blamed me for the fire.”
“Sorry Lin but you’re so easy to peg anything fire related on considering your EXO.”
“In accordance to my EXO. It is about to singe off your eyebrows.”
I made sure to leave the cafeteria after that threat. Geez. For a foreign girl she got a mean snap. Unless she’s talking to a teacher. Then she is the greatest Chinese angel you’ll ever see.
When I got to the office I saw that Hedge finally got caught in the act of bullying somebody. Hedge’s EXO is that he can control plants and the like. At night he is actually pretty weak, but in the afternoon he is the most powerful tulip in the world.
Bullying is a major thing at this academy. It used to be really hard and mean here. Now they take the completely opposite approach. They try to be nice so that we don’t have to trap anyone in a crystal capable of surviving a million nukes dropped on it at once again. I wonder how they even got someone trapped in a crystal anyway.
Headmaster Saint simply told me that I was going to show the new girl around. This isn’t anything new. I usually introduce new EXO’s to the academy and show them around. But little did I know that this person was so dang awesome. I walked outside and saw the limo come right outside of the academy. Mr. Lucifer walked out first and then helped out an angel out of the car. I mean what I say when I say angel. This girl literally glowed.
“Alex, this is the new EXO. Do you want to show him your EXO dear?”
“Why not.” the girl said.
She closed her eyes and suddenly the whole school turned off. Then everything came on again. I just looked at her in awe.
“Hi. I’m Emaline.”

-Buggy

2 comments: